If you are looking for a great cookie to make for your family or bring to an event, this is the one! This recipe for gluten-free linzer cookies might just be one of your new favorites.
Gluten-Free Raspberry Linzer Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen
1 recipe gluten-free rolled sugar cookies
1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves, like Grandma Hoener’s or jelly, at room temperature
1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Roll cookies out according to directions in the recipe.
- You will need two heart shaped cookies for each linzer cookie. Cut the first larger heart shaped cookie and place on one baking sheet. Cut the second heart shaped cookie in the same size. Then, using a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter, cut the inside of the cookie out. You can bake the smaller heart shape for mini cookies. Place the cut out cookie on another baking sheet (these bake quicker because of the cut-out).
- Follow directions in recipe for baking and cooling cookies.
- Once cool, place the cookies on a plate. Using a teaspoon or pastry brush, spread a thin layer of the raspberry preserves over the heart shaped cookie. Top with the cookie with the heart shaped cut-out. Dust with confectioners’ sugar using a sifter or small mesh strainer.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or store in the freezer.