On my last post, I made reference to a risotto I made. I didn’t even think to include the recipe so here it is. Sorry about that!
Saffron Risotto topped with Cod
1 Tbl Olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (or ½ large)
¼ – ½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
Few strands of saffron
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup of Arborio rice
4 cups of organic vegetable or chicken broth, heated to just boiling
1 cup of chopped, fresh spinach
3-4 oz of cooked white fish per person (baked or grilled)
- Heat large pot to med and add oil, onion and pepper. Cook until translucent.
- Add salt, and saffron threads and stir, then add wine and cook until it is evaporated.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Begin to add hot broth, 1/2 cup or more at a time. Stir every few minutes and add more broth when needed. Make sure rice is simmering but not boiling. Check after 20 minutes or when broth is used up. If you need more liquid, just add hot water.
- Add spinach and stir. Cook for 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Top risotto with cooked fish. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.