1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of cornstarch and sushi or white rice flour.
3. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. This is the batter.
4. Add the chicken pieces, stirring to coat. I like to use my hands for this step. Make sure to clean your hands before and after.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok and heat to medium-high.
6. Working in batches, carefully add about 1/3 to 1/4 of the chicken. Cook until golden brown on each side. You do not have to fully cook the chicken as it will finish cooking in the sauce but make sure the pieces are browned. Place pieces on a large plate or tray while you finish cooking the remainder of the chicken.
7. Make orange sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
10. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of cold water with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Add to the chicken, stirring. This will thicken the sauce. Continue simmering about 2-3 minutes. Add more water or soy sauce if the sauce becomes too thick.